By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:35

Thursday, February 2, 2012

This is the Hard Soil

This wise response came from a dear friend listening to me processing our last 45 days. The statement stopped me and reminded me of how I describe my involvement in leading a few friends to Christ. I've never led anyone to "pray the prayer" have been the friend who engaged in hard discussions and led them to the foot of the cross where someone else had the blessing of seeing the fruit. Maybe that's one of the spiritual gifts God has given me...that stubborn perseverance that is able to work the hard soil. If you tell me to give up, I'll gain the determination to show you how it's done. I've never before thought of this perceived fault as God equipping me for his purpose. "Are you happy?" I asked last night as I tucked Nancy in. Nope, she doesn't understand. "Good? Are you good?" "Good." she replied. And this is progress. A response to a question. God's glimmer of hope for the day.

1 comment:

laura said...

Hi Carrie,

I stumbled upon your blog while trying to do some research on the URM foster program. My family is praying through whether to pursue this or not, and have a lot more questions than answers. I would LOVE if you would email me so we could connect and I could hear some of your story.

If you are willing, my email address is schwarzgang@gmail.com.

Thank you!
Laura